November 9, 2009

More Falling Leaves...

And more Monday morning embarrassment from this corner of the globe.  I'm just flat out busy, so I regret the lack of time to add pithy comments or interesting insights into the state of the universe, or at least my backyard.  So, since I haven't got much else to share today, I thought I'd provide just that - more from my literal backyard.  One of the two great maple trees in the back yard seemed to think it was supposed to be the last hold-out of the fall, clinging desperately, and belatedly to its bright yellow (turned from green) leaves.  They finally have started to give up the ghost over the past week, and now there are more on the ground than on the tree, but I've captured a bit of their evolution, so here's a view of the changing scene.  What was a beautiful golden canopy over the yard is now a yellow carpet on the ground...sigh.







No comments:

Post a Comment