September 29, 2010

Autumn's Arrival


Welcome to autumn in the Northeast.  While the actual autumnal equinox arrived on schedule, the changing colors are about a week to 10 days earlier than is typical for this area.  Usually peak color arrives in/around the first week of October, but leaves have been changing here for the better part of the past three weeks, it has been so dry with a few chilly nights, so here we are.  Suddenly, it has been unseasonably warm and balmy, so I'm enjoying the last few days of Indian summer...the temps will revert to more seasonable cool and crisp, but I don't mind.  I love the warm and I love the cool...it's the frigid cold I'm not so crazy about!This is the view from my window and I can see it now as I type, although the image above is one of afternoon sun...I'm looking south and west is to the right.

I'm so very tardy in updating here on the blog, I'm afraid, and I apologize.  It has been a very busy month-plus with things moving along rapidly both on the home front and in the country.  I know I've promised photos of the updates to the family home (about to be sold - fingers crossed!), but I literally haven't had a moment to shoot and post them.  Perhaps later this week, but in the meantime, "please enjoy the music while you're waiting..."

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely view you have! I snapped some pics yesterday while I was out and about, but I haven't downloaded them onto my computer yet. It sure is pretty out there, but I know what you mean about EARLY! Usually my daughter and I take a trek out to Vermont for Columbus Day, but it looks like we may miss the best of the show! *sigh* Oh well. I'm sure SOMEthing will be happening in Bennington next Saturday. :) It's good to have you back blogging. Keep us updated on the sale of your house!

    ReplyDelete