July 4, 2016

Fourth of July...Again






Happy Fourth of July!

I'm shocked that it has been six months since I posted (on January 1), but I thought I'd better get "fire-cracking" here and share an image from my July 4th holiday mantel. Mr. and Mrs. Patriotic Bunny make their annual appearance with a couple of stars and red-white-blue birdhouses I've had for a few years. I can't even recall where I got them, but they've got stars on their roofs and stripes on the front of the two white ones for a bit of vintage Americana on this most American of holidays.

Can't promise that I'll be more prompt with postings with life full of busy days and these summer evenings with daylight lasting long into evenings. It's the time of year that I'm happiest...we've slogged through the long, cold winters and what seem to be shorter springs before the hot summer weather arrives. Spring this year was cold, then quickly hot, hot, hot and humid - as if it was August! - but things got sorted out in June and the weather for the past week has been perfect. Cool nights, warm days, low humidity...everything we've waited for! So I'm enjoying the outdoors and not spending much time in front of the laptop...sorry!

I'm headed off to a favorite country store nearby today, so I'll try to do a bit better on the posting schedule, but no guarantees. Until next time, enjoy your Fourth and have a safe, happy and healthy holiday!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment